January 13

Creating a digital story!

Hello dear reader,

This week, we are assigned to create a digital story with our friends. This time I collaborated with 2 people I haven’t collaborated with before. You can visit their blogs. (Ali Efe’s blog and Leman’s blog) Creating a new story with new people was a different experience for me. First, we decide the topic which is significant for our country. we wanted to choose a topic concerning students, so we decided on “exam anxiety”. I want to add a piece of certain information about me, that topic was crucial for me because, like most students in Turkey, I suffer from that situation, too. We wrote our plot and recorded our voices. I must admit, writing a plot was not an easy part because I couldn’t explain myself sufficiently. Even though this drawback, my friends helped me and made the process easier. We used Google Documents to create a plot for our video and edit it on Vimeo. Digital storytelling can be a significant assistant in the classrooms, it is informative and remarkable. It can be used for many purposes.

Exam anxiety is a significant experience for students. Almost for a year, students have been studying for their dreams but sometimes they feel so overwhelmed, I remember nights I couldn’t sleep because of overthinking. What an experience! Especially parents’ support is so crucial in this process. They should back up their children and make them feel comfortable, support their decisions and be there for them!

In the future, I would not give that assignment to my students because it requires quite an effort but I would show them examples.

You can watch our PSA video, enjoy!

See you later, dear reader.

Tags: , , , , ,

Posted January 13, 2023 by meryemkilicc in category Uncategorized